WHAT IS SOUND THERAPY?
Sound is a primary sensibility that guides both human function and navigation. Since the beginning of civilization, people have invoked the power of sound to transform conscious experience. Sound works at the neurological, physiological, and psychological level, as the vibrating wave-forms bring about changes in the body, mind, and spirit. This altered state opens the gate to connection, creativity, and healing.
BENEFITS OF SOUND THERAPY:
Repetitive rhythm (such as drumming) can coordinate brain function and regulate biological functioning. Specifically, the intentional application of sound is shown to produce the following benefits:
- Relieves anxiety and reduces stress.
- Supports healthy communication and expression of feelings.
- Improves cognitive performance, intuition, and concentration.
- Reduces pain and discomfort, whether physical, mental, and/or emotional.
- Fosters positive emotional states and mood stabilization.
- Promotes client participation and engagement in the healing process.
- Deepens personal, social, and environmental awareness.
- Builds healthy coping and relaxation skills.
- Cultivates emotional connection and intimacy with friends and family members.
- Stimulates memory and locked-away emotions.
- Speeds physical recovery and improves mobility.
- Improves sleep.